Zingira Nyanza is a community based organisation situated in Kisumu, Western Kenya. We co-ordinate the efforts of local artisans to produce a range of handicraft products made from recycled and locally sourced materials.
Our work is inclusive of all tribes living in the Kisumu area. We work with people of both genders from 18 years old and upwards. There are currently 20 artisans working in the organisation.
We aim to provide training, employment and education in the interest of empowerment and social welfare, with the objective of improving life for the inhabitants of Kisumu.
- Education as a tool to enable empowerment.
- Promoting a healthy and sustainable lifestyle through environmental awareness.
- Inclusiveness through equal opportunities employment.
- Independence and poverty reduction through fair wages.
- Flexibility to enable and ensure participation.